On Fri, 18 Mar 2022, Galen Seitz wrote:

Hi,

For a project I'm working on we have a need for a switch with PoE+ that will power the ports quickly, say less than 15 seconds after power up. The switch that is currently specified is a Cisco cbs250-16P-2g. This switch takes at least a minute, if not more, to enable power to the ports. With a bit of searching I discovered that some Cisco switches have a pair of features called Perpetual PoE and Fast Boot PoE. We don't have a need for Perpetual PoE, but Fast Boot PoE seems to fit our needs. Some other vendors have a similar sounding feature. So far I have only seen this offered on higher end switches(Cisco, Juniper, etc.). Does anyone know of any switches that are more in the SOHO class that have this type of feature?

I had pretty good luck with Netgear ProSafe PoE; the model I used was GS724TP. It's managed and definitely SOHO. I have no distinct memory of time-to-power, but I don't recall long waits.

I cannot find any specs in a quick Google search, but that line might be worth investigating.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinl...@madboa.com