On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 1:53 PM Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> I want to add another DNS record for my web host, one that allows access to
> the site using https://appl-ecosys.com in addition to the current
> https://www.appl-ecosys.com. My long chat with a namecheap tech didn't
> provide me with the answer.
>
> Here's a summary of the current DNS records (IP addresses redacted):
> Type            Host            Value
> A record        @               Office static IP address
> A record        mail            Office static IP address
> A record        www             Web site host IP address
> TXT record      @               v=spf1@office static IP address
> TXT record      @               v=spf2@office static IP address

you're missing the MX record from this list. it definitely exists, so the
fact that you're not listing it here suggests that your info from your DNS
hosting provider is incomplete.

the MX records control where mail gets delivered. not the A record. so
changing the A record from the office IP to the web host IP will not break
your email service.

-wes