Oops. Something is wrong with this line:

* * 21 * * MAILTO="" DISPLAY=:0.0 gxmessage -font "Junicode 24" Pay
  T-Mobile

I expected it to pop up a message today (the 21st), and it did so, but
60 second later it opened up another one, and again every sixty seconds.
I couldn't figure out how to shut down gxmessage. It's not in Top or
Task Manager. Eventually I opened crontab again and put a # in front of
the line, then saved it and exited from the editor. That did the job,
but now I have to figure out why '* * 21 * *' repeats the message every
60 seconds.

Steve,

Thanks for the suggestion. I spent some time trying to figure out how
to do it with cron and gxmessage. I added this line to crontab:

* * 21 * * MAILTO="" DISPLAY=:0.0 gxmessage -font "Junicode 24" Pay
  T-Mobile

That is, I set it at the 21st, because that's tomorrow, to see if cron
pops up the message. If I do just the gxmessage part at the command
line it pops up the message, with an 'OK' button to close the message,
so it ought to work if I got the crontab line correct.

Crossing fingers for tomorrow. :)

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 23:42:07 -0800
Steve Dum <dr.d...@frontier.com> dijo: