When you firmly disagree you are personally discriminating against anyone on
the mild end of the spectrum.  I am NOT discriminating by advocating a positive
view of mild autism.  Discrimination by definition is negative.  As the saying
goes, intolerance of Intolerance is NOT intolerance.  Only the shrieking ultra
right-wingers who carry the racist and intolerance flags claim that anyone
opposing their viewpoint is "intolerant"   That is what you are doing.

And when you propagate that attitude to other people that being on the mild end
of the spectrum is a disorder, and that viewing it as a positive is a personal
process and not reality, then you are propagating that discriminatory attitude
towards others.  Same when you use terms like "shit" to refer to an autism
discussion.

What is NOT factual is labeling mild cases as a disorder anymore than labeling
same sex preference as a disorder is factual.  While a lot of people who should
know better are doing this, including some in the medical community, that ISN'T
a fact.  It is an opinion.

I gave a logical explanation that explains why autism has been on the rise for
centuries and facts that support that, which is a damn sight better than the
medical community who has no explanation and sit around scratching their asses
and wringing their hands about what to do about it. (and suggesting diet
changes as fixes and other rubbish)  An evolutionary advantage to the
individual CANNOT by definition be a disorder.   While it may be very
irritating to people for 1 person to be 6 1/2 feet tall and make millions as a
basketball star, his height is NOT a disorder, because it gives him an
advantage over the rest of them.  It is only jealous people who label mild
autism as a disorder.

This is how evolution works.  Yes there are 7 foot tall people but the medical
literature shows that that amount of height carries more detriments than
advantages, while a mild amount of height gain carries more advantages than
detriments, thus evolution favors the 6.5 over the 6 and over the 7.  Just
because extreme cases of autism are detriments to the individual and can be
labeled disorders does not mean that mild cases are disorders, anymore than 6.5
is a height disorder just because 7 is.  I hate having to waste all this time
spelling out logic but it seems I have to, here.

Discussion of how Linux can be moved out of the "experimenters corner" and into
mainstream general public is certainly appropriate for a Linux mailing list.
If nobody in the Linux community cared about that we wouldn't have Linux GUI
desktops the command line+terminfo & curses would be perfectly fine as an
interface.   If you think it belongs on -talk you know how to set followups.
One of the largest obstacles to doing this is failure by the "techies" and
"experimenters" to understand how the general public thinks about and views
technology.  This is CLEARLY a result of so many in the Linux and tech
community being on the spectrum and therefore having difficulty understanding
WHY the general public cannot immediately see and understand the technical
superiority of Linux, and throw Windows into the trash where it belongs.  Just
as you seem to be having difficulty understanding WHY it's not appropriate for
an IT department to be attempting to violate contracts signed between a
business and a contractor, because after they were signed the business suddenly
decides they don't like their contractor subcontracting by using VPNs and
instead of renegotiating the contract to prohibit subcontracting, attempts to
make things difficult by erecting VPN blocks.

And note we only went down this rabbithole because of your extreme reaction to
my suggesting that the answer to how do we block VPN traffic was to say not to
do it in the first place!!!!  (and why)

Ted