Does modern CUPS 2.3.3op2 (Debian 11) and contemporary
Ubuntu work with 25yo HP4050n and HP4100n postscript 2
laser (not deskjet) printers?  I'm encountering
configuration issues, which may be PEBKAC ...

... and may be "printer vendors are in charge of CUPS
now, and we don't want you using inexpensive old printers
that use cheap 3rd party toner, and that users can repair".

Dunno.  I will assume my own ignorance until I learn that
supporting old printers is intentionally impossible.  Best
case, there is a non-vendor geek-run website or forum for
supporting legacy printers - I might have some knowledge
and hacks to share.

My ancient printers may be primitive and heavy, but they
are built like tanks, and cost-per-page is tiny.  With a
lifetime supply of replacement parts, I expect to get
more paper-miles out of my printers than Indy car miles.

Keith L.

--
Keith Lofstrom          kei...@keithl.com