On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 19:02 -0600, Scott Paul Robertson wrote:

> What do you mean that the plugin for VS isn't what you think? I used
> (one of) the vim plugin(s), and it gave me vim keybindings to the best
> extent you can while being in VS. I'm told Microsoft has an in-house
> one, but like we get to toy with that.

The official vim plugin (from vim.org) for visual studio just is (was
when I last looked at it) a hack to launch gvim whenever you open a
source file in visual studio.  It's not key-bindings.  So yes you do get
vim in all its genuine goodness, but you loose out on almost all the
features of visual studio that would make you want to use VS in the
first place (not necessarily a bad thing).

On the other hand, the vim plugin for eclipse is just an emulation of vi
bindings.  I didn't find that it worked very well at all either.