On 11/1/06, Nicholas Leippe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 16:19, Nicholas Leippe wrote:
> I don't know if there are any tools to do this yet (google's picasa, or
> photomesa, perhaps? some image gallery framework?), but the way I would
> want to do it would be to tag the images and create a folksonomy
database
> for them.  Then you could search/collect them any way you want--by
person,
> event, date, place, subject, etc.
>
> I just looked at the most recent photomesa--it looks like it can do just
> that now.

photomesa used to be written in java--looks like they redid it in .net--I
don't know if it will work in mono or not.

kphotoalbum looks like it may also do this, though I don't know how well
it
performs.

F SPOT - it's an excellent photo organizing tool.  Linux Journal recently
did a piece on it...

http://f-spot.org/Main_Page
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9110

Cheers,