On 3/13/07, Kenneth Burgener <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

and all files created by 'myprogram' are created as the 'myuser'
program, which is what I wanted.  But I wonder if having the 'myuser'
with a default shell (and no password) would be a security hole, and
possibly allow someone to SSH to my box using this user account.  I
noticed all other daemon users have "/sbin/nologin" as their default
shell, and I assume they do this for a reason.

Should I be concerned with this?

You can specifically deny SSH logins to that account by editing
/etc/ssh/sshd_config