> Awesome. That command has saved me more than once. It even fixed some
> quirkyness when the Novell client started acting up on a machine. It is
> a very useful command to keep around and one of those "well i might as
> well try this" things.

Mike:

I believe now that I spoke too soon.  I know that I could, momentarily perhaps,
browse web pages outside of my LAN, but now I can't despite running the
netsh int ip command again.

I can ping to any address locally and on the web. I get some errors
generated from that netsh command, which I include here:

from log.txt, generated by "netsh int ip reset c:\log.txt"

deleted
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\UseDomainNameDevolution
reset   Linkage\UpperBind for ROOT\MS_NDISWANIP\0000.  bad value was:
            REG_MULTI_SZ =
                            PSched

                            reset   Linkage\UpperBind for

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_813910EC&REV_10\2&EBB567F&0&88.
                             bad value was:
                                         REG_MULTI_SZ =
                                                         PSched

deleted
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\UseDomainNameDevolution
reset   Linkage\UpperBind for ROOT\MS_NDISWANIP\0000.  bad value was:
            REG_MULTI_SZ =
                            PSched

                            reset   Linkage\UpperBind for

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_813910EC&REV_10\2&EBB567F&0&88.
                             bad value was:
                                         REG_MULTI_SZ =
                                                         PSched

I have no idea where these derive from, and I have never set up any wireless
networking on this machine. How NDIS shows up on this box is beyond me. Does
any of this shed light on the persistent problem?