On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 15:38 -0600, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> I would not say that taking care of our own problems first is the same
> as being isolationists.

I'll get around to saving for retirement, just as soon as I pay rent,
the electric bill, the cable bill, and buy the bring screen TV I want.

Some things can't be put off until later, because later is WWII and no
matter how softly we walked, using our big stick is going to be painful
and costly.

I'm not saying we should invade Iran. Of course that'd be stupid. I'm
just saying we can't sit back, plug our ears and hope that all the
problem in Iraq, Afganistan, Iran, Korea, Indonesia and other parts of
the world will just go away. We knew about the Taliban but we thought
Afghanistan was so far away and so poor it had nothing to do with us.
Look how that turned out.