On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 10:09:13PM -0700, Levi Pearson wrote:
> Charles Curley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 09:17:18PM -0700, Levi Pearson wrote:

> > Just to clarify, are you suggesting that Chicagoans aren't real
> > economists? Or BYU economics profs?
>
> I said that there are real economists out there that follow the Chicago
> school.  This does not imply that I think that Chicagoans are not real
> economists or that BYU economics profs are not real.

OK.

> Greenspan clearly hasn't been much of a follower of the Austrian school
> lately, has he?  Clearly he's a monetarist now, and thus much closer to
> the Chicago school than Austrian.  A prominent economist moving away
> from your economic philosophy is hardly a shining endorsement.

Perhaps I should clarify that "formerly". I meant when Greenspan
worked on Wall St., not when he took that disreputable job in
politics. He applied free market economics to make quite a pile of
money for himself and his clients.

Sorry, I thought it was clear that a proper Austrian wouldn't wouldn't
have taken a job at the Fed. I just can't see Murray Rothbard or
Ludwig von Mises being tempted by the hubris. (I can imagine Murray's
peals of laughter at being offered the job, a delightful image. :-)

> Peter Schiff is definitely inside the Ron Paul bubble.

I'm not sure, then, what you mean by "the Ron Paul bubble". It sounds
vaguely derogatory, though. Schiff was around and active well before
Paul announced for the White House. I've been aware of Schiff for a
good many years.