On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Kimball Larsen
<kimb...@kimballlarsen.com> wrote:
> I've attempted to set up lm-sensors, but can't seem to get it to correctly
> report valid temperature readings. :(

If you take a look at:

http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices

...you'll notice the AMD K8 device row talks about how there is a bug
in recent kernels that may cause incorrect values to be reported. It
mentions that kernel 2.6.29 might help.

I was scratching my head at the values returned there too, but I was
also scratching my head at some values for free disk space last week
until I realized that I had to do some extra maths for it to make
sense. I wonder if that's the same issue here, or if it's the kernel
thing. The system I set that up on this morning has an AMD K8, and is
running 2.6.18, so I think that's a distinct possibility in my case.

--
Joseph
http://blog.josephhall.com/