On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 01:29:19PM -0600, Barry Roberts wrote:
> I have an internal-use-only web server that had several hundred days of
> uptime before a power change recently.  Since it has powered back up I
> can't get apache to start.
>
> It's a 32-bit CentOS 5 machine.  If I remove the ssl.conf from
> /etc/httpd/conf.d, it starts up fine.  With it, it segfaults on startup.

I had a very similar problem with Fedora 10.  The problem was that there
was a missing package dependency.  This is discussed in Red Hat bug
number 471898.

When I originally tracked down the problem, I did it by running strace
and seeing what happened right before it died.  If your problem is
different than bug 471898, you still might be able to track it down the
same way.

Let us know when you find out what it is.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/