On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 12:21:13AM -0600, Bryan Thomas wrote:
> out of curiosity, why do you say that they all suck?  what would make
> them better?

As others have said, dealing with batteries is a pain, and they fail
frequently.  I've also been frustrated to find that when a battery
fails, sometimes this causes the UPS to shut down power to the connected
equipment.  If I wanted the equipment to be powered down randomly, I
wouldn't have attached it to a UPS in the first place!

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/