On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Charles Curley
<charlescur...@charlescurley.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:29:16 -0700
> Levi Pearson <levipear...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This reminds me of a clever scripting language I ran across a while
>> ago.  It's scsh, the Scheme Shell.
>
> Which reminds me of a project I started on many years ago, on the Atari
> ST. The Forth Shell. A shell written in Forth. Or Forth with shellish
> extensions. It wasn't hard to do, but there were portability issues and
> I never carried it over to Unix/Linux.

We're getting really tangential now, but if you like stack-based
languages, Factor is pretty nifty and actually has decent
cross-platform scripting capabilities.  The web server, wiki, and
continuous build system are all written in Factor.  Here's a blog post
describing the build system, with pointers to the code:
http://factor-language.blogspot.com/2010/09/making-factors-continuous-build-system.html

        --Levi