On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 02:31:27PM -0600, Joel Finlinson wrote:
>     I like the passwordcard idea......but how do you remember which password
> goes to which account?  Get another card?

Easy. You set up a mental map on where the password starts. For example.
Say you want to use this card with your Facebook account. You could use the
smiley face as the starting column, and the blue row for the starting
character. Then go from there. Your bank could be the green dollar sign,
your ldssingles.com account could be the pink heart, et cetera. Of course,
using such easy mental maps might not be a good idea, but it conveys how it
works. Further, once you've typed in the password enough, you'll likely
memorize it, so pulling out the card becomes less and less of a chore.

I would personally recommend keeping all passwords the same length, and
take the same direction, to minimize what you need to remember. But, you
could keep it simple, such as:

    1. Travel in a counter-clockwise spiral, not repeating characters
    2. Travel 12 characters, or the first non-alphanumeric symbol,
       whichever is first.

You get the idea. It's really quite simple to remember where each password
starts, its length and its direction. For the very rare accounts I access,
I also use KeePass, so should I forget it's starting location, at least I
have a secure backup.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o