On Mon, May 9, 2011 17:09, Henry Paul wrote:
> On 05/09/2011 04:56 PM, Merrill Oveson wrote:
>> <snip>
>> I'd just like to make the relationship a little more symmetric.
>> I've intentionally not applied to a certain company in this valley
>> based on the information I've learned from current and former
>> employees.
> <snip>
> I agree with the symmetry angle. I have decided on more than one
> occasion not to work for a company based on networking with my contacts
> who worked there.

The above comments highlight a great reason to be part of PLUG. More than once
I've seen a posting by an individual asking what it is _really_ like to work
at a certain company. As long as the request is to reply personally
(off-list), then I can see little legal ramification risk for PLUG.

As far as things being symmetrical, I don't know what that really means.
Perhaps someone can enlighten me (and the list in the process). If I want to
build boats, and the Boilermakers Union wants a lot of money to pay for
useless things like medical care, I can... Set up a drydock in Middle Earth.
Pay Hobbits $0.04/hour. Sail boat to US. Sell the boat (free magic included)
at half what the boiler boys are charging, right? Why not?

If I want to build software programs, and those pesky US software engineers
are being picky about what soda is available in the break room, I can... Set
up an office in Middle Earth. Pay dwarves $0.10/hour. E-mail the program to
the US. Sell it for half of what the US software developers are charging,
right? Sweet! Someone get me an office in downtown Middle Earth, pronto! And a
pile of those little pink sticky notes.

-Ryan