On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:46 PM, Ryan Simpkins <p...@ryansimpkins.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 9, 2011 17:09, Henry Paul wrote:
>> On 05/09/2011 04:56 PM, Merrill Oveson wrote:
> As far as things being symmetrical, I don't know what that really means.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~The Man in Black

When I get asked what to wear to an interview, my response is, "the
best-dressed person in the room should be the one asking for the
check." Fair? I don't know, but my percentage of interview-to-hire is
much better when candidates follow this little guideline. Asymetrical?
Maybe. But its a pretty good, small step, in the process of exchanging
code for cash.

Note, I don't recommend tuxedos to interviews. Check out the company.
Ask the interviewer (or your recruiter) what to wear. If your
interview is on a Friday, ask if it's especially casual there that
day. Something like "I want to be comfortable so I can really engage
in the interview. What's appropriate?" You will likely dress different
for technical interviews than you will when meeting with the hiring
manager, director and veep.

Remember, people want to hire people that will make their problems go
away. Not *looking* like a potential problem is the key here ;)  Oh,
and looking like "a slacker" is as equally damaging as looking like
you are high maintenance and "too uptight".   Just remember the SUSE
mascot and blend in to your surroundings.