On Fri, June 10, 2011 18:13, Tod Hansmann wrote:
> Anyone have any up-to-the-moment opinions on any digital SLR cameras?
> Looking to get something that I can do some nice photos and possibly HD
> video here and there.  I don't want to do any lock-in formats like the
> Sony Memory Stick (tm) or whatnot, but I'm not opposed to non-standard
> formats like xD cards or something.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm late to the party. Don't catch the photography bug like I did. I shot over
1500 last week, it was a light week. I am considering a second mortgage on the
house to buy more gear. My kids can no longer remember what my face actually
looks like. They call my UV filter "daddy," and my lens tucks them in at
night. Worse than World of Warcraft, photography is.

My only camera buying advice, to those still thinking about a DSLR, is to buy
the camera you will actually carry and use. If a bulky DSLR isn't always going
to be attached to your hip (ready to shoot) then buy something else. The worst
camera you can buy is the camera you leave in the bag, at home, or in the car.

-Ryan