On 10/26/2011 08:40 AM, Tod Hansmann wrote:
> On 10/25/2011 10:57 PM, Henry Paul wrote:
>> Flexible scheduling for school is mentioned, but it is not clear that
>> the primary candidate should be a student. If you're looking for
>> students / interns, say so in the ad.
>>
>> Henry
> I mean no disrespect, but limiting a position from "part-time with
> flexible scheduling" to "we only want a student" seems kind of dumb.
> Wouldn't you take someone who is working on their own business but needs
> something extra to make ends meet?  Maybe a guy taking some time off the
> rat race to write his great American novel?  Never limit your hiring
> unless it's a requirement of the job they'll be doing, and I don't know
> what job would require student status to perform.
>
> -Tod Hansmann

I didn't realize the market for unemployed writer / programmers was so
large. :) Is moonlighting allowed? I had a recruiter hit me up for a
similar job, 25 hours per week and no moonlighting and much lower pay
than you would expect for the job. Specifically hiring for students or
interns is a great way to bring on help when you don't have the budget
for a fully-qualified full-time person to do the work, but you still
need to cover a few extra hours. Hiring temps or contractors is another
option, but not usually as cost-effective as students and interns. They
already limited the hiring by specifying the pay rate and hours per
week. I don't see how specifying students or interns would serve to
limit it any further than that.

Henry