On 01/31/2012 01:48 AM, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've been in contact with a recruiter who landed me an interview at
> Tomax in SLC on Wednesday.
> I was just curious if anyone has worked there or worked with them or
> their products in the past.
> If so a little heads up on the working environment would be great.
> Also I notice on their site they say that they work on many open
> source products, I never heard of them before and I don't see any hits
> on sourceforge, any idea what they've been involved in?
>
> Thanks in advance!

I had a friend that tried to get me on there with him a few years back.
It ended up not being a good fit for me at the time so I didn't pursue
the opportunity. They sound like an interesting place to work and my
friend was happy there at the time. I haven't heard from him in a couple
years so I can't comment on current conditions. He did say that the
stress level can be rather high as all of the their clients are rather
large and write large checks. So small problems and outages can be a
really big deal.

They do outsourcing of back-end processing for retail stores and
application hosting. Safeway comes to mind, I remember reading an
article on their association with Tomax a number of years ago. So their
cash registers link up to Tomax for back-end processing and storage of
transactions, I think they do inventory forecasting as part of that.

Hopefully that gives you a little more to go on. I should see if I can
get in touch with my friend again and see if he still works there.

--Henry