On 09/29/2012 02:12 PM, Robert Merrill wrote:
> Ok, so I have a back log of apps that I want to develop. Anyone know
> of some quick ways to Dev mobile apps? iOS preferred (heresy!) as
> well as android.
>
> Toolkits IDE's or other things to get started? I do NOT think I'm a
> programmer, but I'm a reasonable hack. How can I get started?
>
> Or, outsource? Or, else/other?

Well you start by buying a Mac, then buying a developers' license (RMS
appears to have been quite prophetic in this regard), and downloading
the latest Xcode IDE.  And a book or two?

That's really the only way.  It's Apple's way.  Their tools.

Android is a bit more accessible, and available on Linux.  Download the
SDK from google, get a book or two, read a tutorial, and give it a shot.
 It's Java in the Eclipse IDE, and the paradigms and program lifecycles
in Android are a bit different from what you might already be familiar with.