hey

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Caleb Call <calebc...@me.com> wrote:
> Instead of buying a developer license right away, why not just download Xcode
> (which is free) and create your app.  You'll only ever need to buy the
> developer license if/when you want to put it on the app store.

You also need the dev license in order to test a full app on an iOS
device. You'll be testing everything inside the simulator which is
fine until you want to do gps, camera, accelerometer, multitouch, etc.

To add a data point, I'd say you might be able to get a simple app
using jquerymobile or sencha touch inside phonegap. This is only a
route I'd consider if you don't have tight UI requirements and you
possibly already have jqm or sencha experience. You will end up with
code that can also be deployed in a mobile web app.

--
Brad Midgley