Yeah, I work for Fusion-io so nobody's shocked ill say this, but there's some
evidence for helping your mySql infrastructure via Fusion-io cards. Facebook is
running their MySQL farm on Fusion-io cards, and others are taking advantage.

Jeremy Zawodny at Craigslist used Fusion-io to take 14 mySql db servers down to
3 and accidentally improve performance/watt by ~50x
http://www.slideshare.net/jzawodn/fusionio-and-mysql-at-craigslist

MySql performance blog shows some interesting analysis of RAID vs SSD vs
Fusion-io with some arguably good things to consider if price > performance in
your setup:
http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2009/05/01/raid-vs-ssd-vs-fusionio/

There's others out there, too. See Fusion-io's website for some white papers on
speeding up your writes via read-caching and other interesting technical notes.
Also, there's a big community out there running MongoDB over Fusion-io and they
might have some lessons to teach as well.