On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 10:45 -0700, Michael Torrie wrote:
> What are peoples' experiences with warranties on personal laptops?  Did
> you have to send them away?  Were you hassled?  Charged money when you
> shouldn't have been?  Excuses made for not honoring the warranty (you
> dropped it didn't you)?

My experience with Lenovo was both good and bad.

Good: hassle free.

Bad: don't bother paying for on site repair, they'll just send a
screwdriver monkey. It took 2 guys 3 visits before Lenovo had me mail it
in. (Never did figure out where the extra screws came from.) Could have
saved myself a lot of trouble by shipping it in to start.