*Hey, has anyone used that Raspberry Pi single-board-computer? I'm looking
into getting something like that setup as a tinker project but had a couple
of questions. If someone knows the answers to these, please let me know.
Thanks!*

* *

*1) What kind of power supply device do I need to get the Pi running, and
where can I get one?*

*2) I know the Pi has USB ports on it. Does that mean I could take a
standard USB Wi-Fi adapter like I'd grab from Staples off the shelf and
make it work on the Pi?*

*3) Has anyone heard how well PC centric programs like Wine would work on
it? Not for major things or games, but smaller things like maybe Quicken or
maybe some Windows based file sharing program like Shareaza or something? *

*4) What is a safe surface to place the Pi on so as to avoid excess static?
I know the device doesn't have a case of it's own so is it safe to, for
example, leave the pi in it's box while it's running? This is in case my
Niece & Nephew come to visit. Especially my Nephew loves to look at
anything that is electronic and then frequently leaves it on the floor.
Since most of my home is carpet that could lead to a catastrophic static
buildup. I figured if it's in it's box (or some other generic container)
then he (and she for that matter, although not as much) are less likely to
grab it, and if they DO grab it it would theoretically survive being
dragged across the carpet a few feet.*

*5) What's the biggest SD Card you've ever heard of running on the Pi? The
mentions I saw of it spoke of 4GB and 8GB cards. I would hope it supports
at least 64GB cards. Do cards go above 128GB? It seems to me I've heard of
256GB cards but I could be mistaken.*

*6) Since it's a distribution of Debian (even if modified) that runs on it,
I'm assuming standard tools like Firefox and such can be found without the
need to try and compile them on the Pi (compiling the latest Firefox on a
700MHz cpu would take a lot of time I'd rather skip). Has anyone heard
differently?*

* *

*Thanks for the info folks!*

* *