On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Michael Torrie <torr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The budget for the hardware needs to stay below $10kUSD.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Cisco's out... Just one Layer 3 core router would run you about that much!

LOL, I know it's funny to pick on Cisco for being expensive, but some
people might not understand that as a joke.  Cisco isn't the cheapest
most of the time, but you can get a decent Layer 3 router from Cisco
for about $500.

I'm not aware of any Cisco products designed for outdoor use, so that
might disqualify them, but don't disqualify them on an exaggerated
joke.

>From what it sounds like, he just needs small switches.  Managed
switches w/ VLANs might be nice to segregate each house.  Though the
router boards Corey suggested sound really good.