Hey everyone,

I have a project when I get back to the states that will require a little
bit of planning.
The company I am working with is from Colorado and has a business need to
provide services state wide to their kiosks, but cannot let that data
traverse outside the state under any circumstances.  This is vital,
sensitive, customer data and includes financial information etc, in the end
it should meet or exceed PCI compliance standards.

I'm thinking a VPN between the kiosks and the datacenter should probably be
fine since if the data escapes it would be encrypted, but ideally I would
like to find a way to force the routing table somehow to only route packets
inside the state.  It is more important in this case that the data stay in
state even if that means that the data doesn't ever arrive or needs to be
sneakernetted every day (not particularly feasible due to the area
involved).

Is keeping this data within the state  feasible while using TCP/IP?  Is
there a tool or a setup to do this?  (Kiosks are running win ce front ends
but linux backends I believe)

The other question is a bit simpler.  We need at most 2 servers for this.
The amount of data is actually fairly trivial but the load could spike very
high from time to time, especially if the broncos are losing.  I would like
to have 1 server and 1 failover or 2 in a load-balanced configuration.
Does anyone have a couple of older 1u rack servers that they are willing to
part with cheap?  Cheap here means cheap, I need to develop the proof of
concept on my own and the colo-fees are already going to eat more of the
budget than I was anticipating.

Thanks in advance!

p.s.  Time table on this is 90 days, so if anyone has something in that
time frame feel free to sell it to me off list.