You're correct.  I changed it and that worked.
Now oddly enough I'm not recieving any email on the domain.  DNS Tools is
showing I now have no MX record set.  My registrar on the otherhand shows
it as being set correctly.  This is true even after a logout, clearing my
cookies and cache, rebooting the computer etc.  Something is clearly stuck
on their end and I'm working with support to resolve it.

These problems are unrelated since the DNS records are with the registrar.
Still it's an odd coincidence.
FYI I did have my MX records set to the hosted email provider I mentioned
earlier.

Just, odd :(