On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Andy Bradford <amb-pl...@bradfords.org> wrote:
> Thus said Richard Esplin on Sat, 18 Jan 2014 13:33:59 -0700:
>
>> This was how  money worked in the  United states until the  end of the
>> 19th century. No clear market winner emerged. It was a mess.
>
> What were the causes of the mess? Who were the competitors? How did they
> compete? Did  they receive  any special privileges  from States  or were
> they businesses that  operated just like any other  business, subject to
> profit and loss?

Is Andy Bradford capable of replying to an email in any form other
than a really tedious string of rhetorical questions? Could he
actually provide statements of fact that would back up the
applicability to the theories implied by his questions to the real
world? Could it be that government coercion is not the only possible
reason why we don't have a bunch of competing currencies in our
markets today?  Will Andy continue to ignore the possibility?

        --Levi