On 3/11/2014 10:48 AM, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Tod Hansmann <plug....@todandlorna.com>wrote:

I have dilemnas.

I'm looking at moving to Seattle area or more "north" in the Utah valley.
(Very much leaning toward Seattle, I love the area.)  As such, new job.
The problem is the same one I've had in every job hunt ever: recruiters.  I
don't like middle-men, it seems inefficient and it requires a lot of trust
to be represented.

That said, I've had a couple good recruiters over the years.  Tell me, how
do I make recruiters not be a negative experience in my job hunt?

This is one big reason for building and maintaining a good network. I have
always got work through my network. Social networking is not just a popular
Internet phrase of the day.  :)

In all honesty that's one of the biggest reasons I'm looking at recruiters as an option. I don't have a large network in Seattle. I know about 12 people, only 3 of which are tech.

So... anyone know a good recruiter in the Seattle area? Don't tell the linux guys in Utah, but I'm kind of hoping to work for Microsoft if anyone knows somebody.

Cheers,

-Tod Hansmann