On Monday, April 2, 2018 3:41:36 PM MDT Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> I have been rockin the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 for several years now. It
> has done a great job. I have kids at home and the Disney Circle app works
> with the router out of the box. That being said, I have also recently been
> thinking of looking into something newer. I have not loved the web
> interface, but I have seen worse. Considered dropping DDWRT on it many
> times but have not taken the time. At work we have switched everything to
> Ubiquity. The interface is alright, not what I would consider intuitive,
> but the hardware has worked really well for us. I have considered it for
> home, and now that I see so many other people here voting it up, I will
> have to consider it a bit more.

I found the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 to be flakey.  I was rebooting it every two
weeks or so.  I dumped DDWRT on it and it works pretty good now.

That said, I have also started playing with Ubiquiti's hardware and so far
have I have liked it. I have the Edgerouter in my network cabinet serving out
connections to all my wired locations in the house.

My only blunder was not realizing the AP AC Lite Wireless and Edgerouter were
part of two different lines of hardware and don't talk to each other like I
wanted.

Having to use their software vs a web server was a surprise too. It reminded
me of Apple's wireless routers that can only be configured via Apple software.