Well, that would explain why the initial copy mostly worked, the destination
was empty so there were no hashes to compute.

One other option I was looking at was the unison utility. I’m trying it now for
the initial copy, its very slow though, and we’ll see if subsequent re-syncs
work.

I didn’t realize you could run rsync on the QNAP, I’ll look into that.

Back to the checksum thing though, in my scenario, the filenames alone are the
source of truth, the QNAP never gets deleted, only added to. Is there a way to
tell rsync to NOT check the checksums just look at the filename, then copy
brand new files if they dont exist in the destination?

-John