Charles,

Telegram is an other messaging app. So if you don’t like downloading another
messaging app and it sounds like the mailing group is staying put then by all
means, there is no need to join the group. The Telegram group was created
sometime last year, and mentioned as that time, for those who like a more real
time chat that is more mobile friendly than IRC. A lot of open source
communities use Telegram as their main community chatting platform. It’s just
another tool we can utilize for those who want to.

On February 24, 2020 at 3:21:23 PM, Charles Curley
(charlescur...@charlescurley.com) wrote:

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:23:04 -0700
Michael Holley <mailingli...@michaelholley.us> wrote:

> 2. Move all communication that was done via the Mailinglist over to
> the Telegram group. t.me/joinchat/DKUwX0sHch1DXKNL4fmCnA

I had no idea that existed until now. Possibly I missed the
announcement. Right now it has 25 members, not exactly a ringing
endorsement. I hit "JOIN GROUP" and got a URL that Mozilla rightly did
not recognize.

I am skeptical of anything web based. They are usually a pain in the
butt to use. I have dropped out of several open source projects because
they dropped email and went to slack or the like.

Nor do I want another damned app on my phone to spew personal
information all over the net. Telephones are pretty close to useless
for any serious text work; that is why the gods invented computers.

Email has the virtues that it shows up on my computer, not someone
else's computer, and I have my computer trained to notify me when
it comes in.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com