I made a patch previously to socketwrapper (posted on the forums) to try
fix the problems socketwrapper has with various VPN/firewall programs.
Although this fixed the problems I had with running with bits of Citrix
installed it did not seem to help the majority of other cases.

I have therefore done a much bigger job attacking socketwrapper that
means that socketwrapper alone (and none of its child processes) touch
the sockets being used to communicate.  It is my theory that this
passing and sharing of sockets between processes is what is causing
problems with firewall software. If this theory and my solution are
correct then this new version (attached) should fix a lot of peoples'
problems.

Unfortunately I don't have any of the other problem software and so am
unable to test it beyond checking that it works here with the Citrix
LSP.

It is also more of a rewrite rather than a small patch so it is
possible that it may break other scenarios. For example, socketwrapper
can be called with an input port specified but I not sure how to cause
this and have not tested this.

I would welcome any reports as to success or failure of this version,
particularly with debugging traces.

Ian

(If the zip file download from the forums doesn't work try
http://zen8247.zen.co.uk/socketwrapper20060211.zip )

|Filename: socketwrapper20060211.zip                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=887|

iancook