Michael,
Thanks for that - it did identify the problem as one of the
possibilities I had suspected, the port used for the http
communications.  I do not use the standard 9000 but another 9xxx port.
Although threre is a place to set the http port in the SlimRemote
settings dialog this does not seem to have the necessary effect since
the output from running your debug version shows it is still calling
9000.  When I reset my server to use 9000 the album art comes up just
fine in SlimRemote.

I guess that the 9000 is somehow hardwired in the code.  Would it be
possible to look at making the value in the Settings dialog get picked
up correctly and used?

Thanks for the help,
davep

--