Relayer35 Wrote:
> Just want to say what a fantastic plugin this is! Very nicely done.
>
> I have one suggestion though. After midnight, it always displays the
> next days schedule, even though there are still current games playing
> that started on the west coast (I'm on the east coast). Also, when I
> get up in the morning it is showing todays schedule. What would be
> useful is a way of telling it to display the previous days scores from
> like midninght to noon or something like that. Is that possible?
Good to hear you like the plugin!  As for your suggestion, I believe
ESPN.com follows similar logic on its scoreboard web pages.    I used
to live 8 doors down from Wrigley Field and it was important to me to
know (traffic/neighborhood chaos/etc concerns) in the morning if/when a
Cubs game was scheduled for that very day.  Because of this, I made it
just show info for that day.  I "believe" if you do some simple code
modification you can point it to a non-day-specific URL that will
probably give you the results you want.

For example, for MLB if you modify line 1187
FROM:
my $url = 'http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/scoreboard?date=' . $year .
$mon . $mday;
TO:
my $url = 'http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/scoreboard';

Other sports would require a similar modification.  I "believe" NFL and
college hoops already work this way...

Hope this helps.
-Greg

--