I've been finding myself listening to Radio 4 quite a bit.  As you say,
I often find myself in the dark when it comes to some of the cultural
and political references...I'm still getting up to speed.

hellesangel Wrote:
> You mentioned AlienBBC can be used to access the NPR shows?  It would be
> great to get access to the Talk of The Nation archive - is this
> possible?

Just to add to/clarify what bpa said regarding this:  AlienBBC only
provides the latest NPR programs.  There's no way to browse the
archives.  This is a bit of a limitation that I currently bypass by
recording all of my favorite shows to my hard drive overnight.  So I
use Alien for the current stuff and my recorded archives for everything
else.

Alternatively, there's a TOTN Science Friday podcast, if that's what
you're mainly interested in.

--
azinck3