Fred,

before we go any further: did you do what I asked you to in the last posting (clear cache, test another interpret etc.)?

1)      Absolutely no data was sent out when I played Peter Gabriel, or any
other artists, and click on the Biography plug-in.

Of course, because it once downloaded a wrong page and is getting it from the _local_ cache over and over again, until you empty the cache manually (or wait the default 30 days).

2)      I don’t think this plug-in will work as I expected it to.

Pleaese d_plugins in the debugging section of the slimserver's settings pages. It should give you lots of information about the access to allmusic.com in the log file (link at the top of that page). What does it say?

Like the thumbnails located within each Album folder, I thought I could
gather all the information from my slow dial-up Internet access, and
store this info within a particular folder, for later recollection. In
other words, I do this action once for each Artists and never again,
and Internet access is not a requirement for me to access Bio
information from my wifi IPAQ.

You could upper the cache refresh setting to some foolish number like eg. 99999 days. It then will always take what it's found in its cache folder without going online.

--

Michael