Hi

Okay before I go ahead and change anything I would like to ensure that
I provide as much information as needed. An important fact I feel I've
omitted is that the same PC that acts as the SlimServer is running a
BitTorrent client.... erm, well, how else is one supposed to get Top
Gear, Have I got News for You and Fifth Gear in the USA?!?

So, the problem that I observe is most evident when the BitTorrent
client is active. However, even when it is inactive (although still
running) I do encounter the "interruption to service" from time to
time.

So I'm not sure if the potnetial flood of incomming stream may impact a
process on my machine causing a spike or overload has a knock-on effect
on mplayer.

Does this cast a different light on the problem?

--
Kaizen28