Hie govardha,

I'm desperate as I've been trying to instal (since a
month!)itunesupadte on my new macbook (mac os X last version).
Problem: i'm not familiar at all with neither mac, the terminal or
perl.
A friend and I have tried everything you described:
-Installed the itunesupdate in the "hidden" PreferencePane directories.
Changed the first line of slimserver.pl to #!/usr/bin/perl.ppc -w
-Tried to instal perl module of thin version but just couldn't!!!

So the plugin seem to be properly installed (detected with the terminal
but not in the web interface). it seems to be the installation of the
perl::applescript::glue that is the problem

As you seem to have the same configuration as i have, i decided to
contact and ask you for a "non-geek" tutorial on how to instal the
perl::applescript::glue on my macbook.

i promised to build a statue if you do :-)

bye.

--
dabloss