On 10/2/06, nicky6 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hi,

Just installed 1.8 and have registered at weather.com using city
"Ronneby, Sweden" for the weather.com account settings and weather.com
id "SWXX0058" in the plugin settings. My SB3 reports that No forecast
is available. But I do get a 36 h forecast at
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/SWXX0058

How come the plugin doesn't show the forecast?

/Niclas

There's a couple of possibilities...

a) Gnomes ate the data. This is probably the most likely explanation, as you live in Sweden, and there is a well-known gnome infestation there. ( http://www.beryl-the-gnome.co.uk/alva.htm)

b) Something went wrong in the plugin. It can't have been anything too drastic if you were able to enter the data into the Plugins page, but still. I seem to recall that I had to restart my slimserver service before my install of WeatherTime started working. Turning on the plugin debugging option might be necessary if restarting doesn't set it right.

c) Something went wrong in the Internet, and the plugin can't reach weather.com. Gnomes may be behind this as well, better check around your telephone and television cable entry points. They're pesky buggers, and they like the taste of copper wire. Perhaps they've clogged up your Internet tube?

--
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin,
So across the Western ocean I must wander" -- traditional