slartibartfast wrote:
> So is it worth trying 1.5.2 on Ubuntu?
> I was more surprised to hear the glitches where playback was
> uninterrupted but content was obviously missing.

Content missing is more "interesting".  I don't believe 1.5.x would
change things.

The packets sent by BBC have URLS which are in sequence and so "gaps"
will be gaps as sent by BBC.  If the stream is actually stopped and
restarted then gaps can also happen perhaps if you have "repeat" on.
There is the other possiblity that BBC was having problem in encoding
and use gaps to ensure network broadcast stream was still in sync witl
live stream.