bpa wrote:
> BBC makes experimental changes some of which I can't see because they
> are UK only.  The CDN may also have changed.
> So Is your R2 problem with R2 live or on demand.
> Does it happen with HLS or just with DASH ?
>
> On Windows with WHS (i.e probably small processor up to 2Mb RAM) looks
> like a suitable candidate for 1.5.* mainly because it is aimed at fixing
> rebuffering on live streams which predominantly affected Windows
> platforms. If you get rebuffering on HLS - then it is definitely a
> Windows problem.

When I was using HLS at the beginning of the year I got no rebuffering
with that either. Both HLS and Dash have been rock solid for me, all at
320kbps.

Problem was with Radio 2 live. As I was getting ready for work I just
switched to DAB, no time for experiments.

WHS v1 server is a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 (single core with two
hyperthreads), with 2GB of RAM. Running LMS 7.8.0 with fixed faad.exe.
Playing to Receiver so always transcoding AAC to FLAC.

I'm aware as a Windows server user I could have rebuffering problems,
but haven't had any so far.