I am running LMS 7.9.0~1455395156 on Ubuntu with the Spotify Protocol
Handler plugin and Triode Spotify plugin (version 2.3.9). It's been

Don't use the SPH if you're using Triode's plugin. It's redundant in that case and wouldn't even initialize.

I've also tried switching off Triode's plugin and using the Logitech
plugin with the SPH and then I get an error about mysqueezebox.com not
being setup, although I have entered my mysqueezebox.com
username/password.

Did you configure Spotify on mysqueezebox.com? You have to do this on the web site. Otherwise it won't work.

--

Michael