Hi,

I just got hold of an Orangepiplus2e board  (allwinner H3 - Arm
v7/v8), on which I managed to install Armbian_5.24.161209
Ubuntu_xenial_3.4.113. I needed to go for the nightly build as I
couldn't get past the kernel headers update on the "stable 5.23" version
initial install and update.  GCC is gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro
5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) 5.4.0 20160609

I'm wanting to install a squeezebox Touch-like system, including the
familiar touch interface and IR, with LMS on a backend server and an
external USB DAC.

The base OS is working fine, so I downloaded squeezelite, tcz-jivelite
and squeezeplay from Ralph Irving's GitHub repositories and am trying to
compile jivelight first, with squeezeplay, following the instructions
at:
https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-jivelite/blob/master/README.md

I was getting
sorry, unimplemented: Thumb-1 hard-float VFP ABI
in the squeezelite install, which I solved by
changing the he armv6 arch compile flag in the makefiles to -march=armv7

which seemed to solve that problem.

I also added tslib from:

https://github.com/kergoth/tslib

to get past a  libts-1.0 not found issue.

Next up is that libmad-0.15.1b is failing to compile with:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DFPM_ARM -DASO_INTERLEAVE1 -DASO_IMDCT
-Wall
-I/home/marius/temp/tcz-jivelite-master/squeezeplay/build/linux/include
-I/home/marius/temp/tcz-jivelite-master/squeezeplay/build/linux/include/SDL
-I/home/marius/temp/tcz-jivelite-master/squeezeplay/build/linux/include/freetype2
-s -march=armv7 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfp -O3 -fPIC -MT synth.lo -MD
-MP -MF .deps/synth.Tpo -c synth.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/synth.o
/tmp/ccjhOzQI.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccjhOzQI.s:1688: Error: selected processor does not support `rsc
r10,r10,#0' in Thumb mode
/tmp/ccjhOzQI.s:1848: Error: selected processor does not support `rsc
fp,fp,#0' in Thumb mode
/tmp/ccjhOzQI.s:2327: Error: selected processor does not support `rsc
r2,r2,#0' in Thumb mode
/tmp/ccjhOzQI.s:2480: Error: selected processor does not support `rsc
fp,fp,#0' in Thumb mode
Makefile:383: recipe for target 'synth.lo' failed
make[3]: *** [synth.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
'/home/marius/temp/tcz-jivelite-master/squeezeplay/src/generated/libmad-0.15.1b'
Makefile:424: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

This looks like:

https://github.com/libressl-portable/portable/issues/41

which might be solved by adding

--disable-asm

but according to the same thread, that produces poorer code when
compiling on arm >=v5

As I'm seeing so many arm-related compile errors when trying to compile
on the arm board

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong and..
If anyone has direct experience compiling the necessary components
within armbian?
If anyone can help with a workaround for the specific libmad-0.15.1b
compiler errors?

Best regards

Marius