I was all set to listen to a new album, Shine A Light by Billy Bragg and
Joe Henry. Purchased from eMusic.com.  Got the message "unsupported
sample rate". It's a 320kbps album but as it turns out at an
unconventional sample rate of 48 kHz. Unconventional but not unheard of,
and eMusic is pretty mainstream.

What's the story here? I'd have thought 48khz  would be pretty much
automatic.

LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm
speakers
Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
Radio (WiFi) - home office
Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used),
Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
Touch x 1 - spare
UE Radio x 1 - spare
Boom x 1 - spare