VSMI wrote:
> All,
>
> Recently I started experiencing problems with my ALAC files where SOM of
> them are skipped for playback on my Squeesebix Touch. Typically this
> would be the case for the entire album (CD). When I disable ALAC file
> native playback setting in LMS the issue is gone. My previous version of
> LMS (7.9) used native ALAC playback and had no problem.
>
> What do you think is going on? I thaught that all ALACs are created
> equal?
>
> Regards,
> VSMI
Hi VSMI,

I can't tell. Nothing has changed in libs or binaries. All test files,
including ALAC, work on my system, but I don't have a lot of them. Also
I let my NAS convert the ALAC to FLAC, to prevent compatibility issues
on some squeezebox player. This has no effect on the sound quality, and
almost no effect on the NAS performance.
Looking at your signature, there is a newer version available,
7.9.0-161.1115. But AFAIK there are no changes in this build what could
have a positive effect on the issue.

Greetings,

Martin.

(happy new year everyone ;-)

-Synology nas DS115 - ('LmsUpdate'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103636-Test-Repo-for-LMS-7-9-0-on-Synology-DSM-5-*&p=817970&viewfull=1#post817970))
-RPI 2 ('Moode 3.0' (http://moodeaudio.org/)),  I-SABRE V3.0 ES9023 -
Exposure 3010S2 - PMC GB1i
-2x Radio
-Laptop - openSUSE Leap - LMS/Squeezelite