I think you need to uncheck it for both players
and check it on both players when you want DOP where it's supported
(thus no sound where not supported)
for the moment I experienced in my system I couldn't mix these settings

cpu wrote:
> DSD works fine for me too so it's sorted.
> But one problem now - on player that is unable to play DSD I've
> unchecked DSD-over-PCM but playing files gives no sound, looks like sox
> is not working properly. It should work by resampling DSD stream?
>
> Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Syno 415+ with LMS 7.9 -> Picoreplayer with Audio-GD I2S hdmi output ->
PS Audio DirectStream -> Pass Labs XP20 -> Pass Labs XVR-1 -> 2 x Karan
KA S 400 -> XTZ Divine 100.49 -> happiness