dc11ab;150776 Wrote:

> 1) Is there a need to add swedish ÅÄÖåäö-characters to the Charset, as
> they are used in the strings?
>
> 2) Should special chars in the strings section be expressed like html
> code, for instance: å -> å or what format should I apply to them?
>
> 3) Are there characters that I should avoid? (Like /'\" etc.)
>
> 4) How many chars are recommended as maximum in a string? (As to be
> displayed properly on a SB3)

1) No. I did not see any special characters used in the strings that
appear in the 3 lined left part of the display.

2) Definitely no HTML-Format. I think, Slimserver can handle unicode,
but the other translations are probably ISO-8859-1 - so you would have
to try if it works when mixed.

3) You would have to escape ' with as \', since this is the string end
character - no other rules apply.

4) I would estimate 28-30 characters. As SB3 uses a proportial font
this varies.

I ran a diff between your version of strings and the previous one. Your
changes also affected other languages (FR, DE) - I would prefer a
version of the file (or just a patch) adding only the SE translation
and changing nothing else. (I just can't tell, if it breaks the other
translations...)

|Filename: added_swedish_translations.diff                          |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1936|

martin.rehfeld

Cheers,
Martin Rehfeld